In Trends in College Pricing, we report on the costs associated with one year of undergraduate study in the U.S. and how those costs have changed over time at the following types of institutions, or sectors:
- Public two-year
- Public four-year
- Private nonprofit four-year
The full report includes information on the following topics:
- Published prices: The prices colleges charge for tuition and fees and room and board.
- Net prices: What students actually pay after subtracting grant aid and tax credits.
- Institutional finances: How revenues and expenditures have changed over time.
- Enrollment and income: Where students are studying and how family income has changed over time.
- Faculty and staff: How salaries, tenure status, and student-staff ratios vary by sector.