The AP Exam administration each May is not only the culmination of intense study for students but also the onset of rigorous data gathering and evaluation by AP Program statisticians.
The AP Program releases information each fall about the May exam administration, including (but not limited to):
- Summary reports by state and for the United States and Canada
- Score distributions by grade level, by subject and overall
- Exam volume changes and data by grade, by region and per school
- Reader participation for the past 10 years
- Information about the 200 colleges and universities receiving the greatest number of AP grades
- 2017 State and national summary reports will be posted on November 1
AP Data 2017 contains a complete listing of all reports available for the 2017 AP Exam administration.
Archived AP data are available for all years beginning with the 1997 AP Exam administration.