View data for a particular archive year
The 10th Annual AP Report To The Nation
The 10th Annual AP Report to the Nation uses a combination of state, national and AP Program data to provide each U.S. state with the context it can use to celebrate its successes, understand its unique challenges and set meaningful, data-driven goals to prepare more students for success in college.
- The 10th Annual AP Report to the Nation (.pdf/3.94MB)
- The 10th Annual AP Report to the Nation – two-page spread report (.pdf/3.94MB)
- Appendix B: National Score Distributions Over Time (.pdf/342KB)
- Appendix C: AP Exams Taken in U.S. Public Schools by the Class of 2013 (.xls/53KB)
- Appendix D: Equity in Participation and Success Among Traditionally Underserved Graduates: 2003, 2008, 2012, 2013 (.pdf/2.22KB)
The following reports are in PDF format. Each file is approximately 800KB.
Requires Adobe Reader (latest version recommended).
See the participation and performance results and trends for each AP subject, including gender and race/ethnicity breakdowns, as well as the percentage and number of examinees at each AP score point.
A word about comparing states and schools
While AP Exams are valid measures of students' content mastery of college-level studies in specific academic disciplines, they should never be used as sole measures for gauging educational excellence and equity.