The AP Exam administration each May is not only the culmination of intense study for students but also the onset of rigorous data gathering and evaluation by AP Program statisticians.
The AP Program releases information each fall about the May exam administration, including (but not limited to):
- Summary reports by state and for the United States and Canada
- Score distributions by grade level, by subject and overall
- Exam volume changes and data by grade, by region and per school
- Reader participation for the past 10 years
- Information about the 200 colleges and universities receiving the greatest number of AP grades
- 2015 State and national summary reports will be posted on November 1
- 2015 Statistical Tables will be posted on September 15
AP Data 2014 contains a complete listing of all reports available for the 2014 AP Exam administration.
The AP Report to the Nation, first published in 2005 as the fiftieth anniversary of the Program approached, provides another means of evaluating student performance. The Report uses a combination of state, national and AP Program data to provide each U.S. state with the context it can use to celebrate its successes, understand its unique challenges and set meaningful, data-driven goals to prepare more students for success in college.
Archived AP data are available for all years beginning with the 1997 AP Exam administration.